Up and at them, Port Jefferson! This Monday, let’s get you started with everything you need to know going on today in Port Jefferson.
First, today’s weather:
Partly sunny and breezy. High: 60, low: 49.
Here are the top stories today in Port Jefferson:
- Port Jefferson Village residents are invited to play Pickleball! Trustee Stan Loucks announced registrations are open for all who want to participate in the event to learn more about pickleball and try it. The event will be held on May 10 at 6 pmat the Texaco Park. Registrations can be made through the village recreation department. (tbrnewsmedia)
- Northwell Health Walk is set for May 22 at 8:30 am in Port Jefferson. The event aims to promote awareness of better habits to promote a healthy lifestyle. (PJCofC)
- Sunrise Senior Living invites the community to a BBQ on May 11 at noon as a Meet and Greet event. The event is free of charge and open to all. Sunrise of East Setauket is located at 1 Sunrise DR. (PJCofC)
- Nearby News: A Shirley woman was killed in a head-on collision on Terry Road near Hauppauge road. Carol Anne Faulhaber died at the scene. Detectives ask anyone with information on this accident to call the Fourth Squad at 631-854-8452. (Patch)
Today in Port Jefferson:
- Are You My Mommy?– Comsewogue Public Library. (10:30 am)
- Long Island Quilters – Port Jefferson Free Library. (1 pm)
- Pet Pals – Comsewogue Public Library. (5:30 pm)
- Munchkin Madness – Port Jefferson Free Library. (6:30 pm)
From my notebook:
- Lyn Boland, the co-director of the Port Jefferson Documentary Series, will host a screening of the movie “We Feed People” today. The film portrays how food can be a powerful way to heal people affected by disasters such as the Ukrainian invasion. The event will be hosted at John F. Kennedy Middle School at 7 pm Tickets are $ 10.69 per person. (tbrnewsmedia)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Port Jefferson Village: “Good Shepherd Hospice – Does anyone have experience with their services? Posting for a friend.” (Nextdoor)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
Alrighty, you’re all caught up for today! I’ll be in your inbox tomorrow morning with another update.
– Deborah Whitehead
About me: Have a story idea? Please get in touch with me! I would love to hear from you! Wife, mom, foodie, traveler, and nature lover.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Port Jefferson Daily? Contact me at PortJefferson@Patch.com.