My secret to dry skin woes: Beautycounter’s Melting Body Balm. Here’s my honest review of this luxurious body care product.
This luxurious body balm will transport you to the tropics instantly! No, seriously – it has one of the most divine scents. Of all the various clean body care products that Beautycounter offers (read my Beautycounter Body Products Review), the Melting Body Balm has to be one of my absolute favorites – which is why I’m dedicating an entire post to it.
The Melting Body Balm is not your ordinary body lotion (if that’s what you’re looking for, I recommend the Hydrating Body Lotion in Bright Grapefruit). This balm is the cure for any dry skin woes. Much more than a moisturizer, it magically transforms into an oil as it melts into the skin, leaving you with a healthy-looking glow.
Here’s my honest review of the Beautycounter Melting Body Balm and everything you need to know about it.
Beautycounter Melting Body Balm Review
The Melting Body Balm is one of my very very favorite products for its heavenly scent. Monoi flower mixed with coconut takes you straight to the tropics! If I’m being totally honest, the scent kind of reminds me of the smell of a brand new baby doll – in the best way! It’s hard to describe until you smell it yourself.
My hands get SO dry in the winter, especially because I wash them so often, and this is the best hand cream for cuticles and dry patches. I keep it on my nightstand and put it on my hands each night (and then cap off my nightly moisturizing routine with my calendula lip conditioner to combat chapped lips).
The balm starts thick and then melts into an oil as it absorbs into your skin. Kind of like how coconut oil is a solid at room temperature and turns into an oil when it heats up.
While you can put it all over your body, I don’t actually use it as full-body lotion, rather a spot treatments for hands, elbows, heels – you know, the rough spots 😉 I find that because of its thickness it doesn’t spread as easily as a body lotion would, and it’s not cheap, so I don’t want to use a whole tube on my legs. It really is ideal as a hand and cuticle cream. I have a nervous habit of destroying my cuticles, and this is the very best thing to put on them.
Did I mention it smells SO SO good !? Everyone who tries it raves about the scent. IYKYK.
The tube is made with approximately 51% post-consumer recycled (PCR) resin that comes from curbside recycling programs and other recycling programs.
Beautycounter Melting Body Balm Featured Ingredients
The balm contains a hydrating and softening blend of argan and avocado oils that lock in moisture and heal dry spots – elbows, knees, and toes 😉
- Argan & Avocado Oils: Help hydrate and condition skin
- Squalene Butter: Derived from sugarcane, it melts on the skin upon application, and helps hydrate and soften skin
- Babassu Seed Oil: Rich in essential fatty acids, it helps moisturize and condition skin
Bonus: all of the ingredients in Beautycounter’s products are obsessively screened and tested for the highest safety standards.
How To Use The Beautycounter Melting Body Balm
Massage into damp skin after bathing to lock in moisture (a small amount goes a long way). It’s a particularly good conditioning treatment for cuticles, elbows, and dry spots.
1. Squeeze out a dollop
2. Rub it in until it melts away!
Beautycounter Melting Body Balm Pros And Cons
- Luxurious formula hydrates dry skin
- Ideal for multitasking use on cuticles, elbows, hands, and other dry spots
- During application, it transforms from a balm into an oil
- Allure Best of Beauty Award Winner
- Dreamy, tropical scent
- Because this balm is made from real coconut, there are sometimes white bits of it that don’t rub all the way in. This isn’t a big deal for me, but it’s something to be aware of.
- Your fingertips might be oily for a few minutes – put your phone down and meditate:) This is another reason I like to apply this at bedtime.
Three Personal Care Products To Take To A Desert Island
PURCHASE THE MELTING BODY BALM HERE.
You may also enjoy: