Kelsea Ballerini is trying on swimsuits and practicing self-love! The country star started the week off with an inspirational message to fans, while also giving them a glimpse at her fantastic figure. “No matter the destination, love the swim (and skin) you’re in,” she captioned the most recent Instagram Reel of herself having major fun in the sun. How does the 28-year-old singer maintain her fit physique? Read on to see 8 of Kelsea Ballerini’s top do’s and don’ts for staying in shape and the photos that prove they work — and to get beach-ready yourself, don’t miss these essential 30 Best-Ever Celebrity Bathing Suit Photos!
Consistency is key for Kelsea. “To be honest, routine always sounded boring, but now it’s something that helps me feel like I’m in control of my life. I’m baby stepping my way into it,” she explained to Shape. “Little things, like when you get out of bed, make the bed. Get outside for 30 minutes a day. Sit on the porch. Take the dog for a walk. I’m building that into my life, and it’s not boring at all. It’s really helping me feel that ownership of my life that I need. “
For Kelsea, self-care is a major priority. “I used to think ‘me time’ was so narcissistic, but now I realize it’s necessary,” she explained. “I have a SoulCycle bike, and I love to do that. I am a hot-bath fanatic. I have all my essential oils, and I do that pretty much every night. I can show up in a more present way when I ” I’m taking time for myself too. “
Kelsea is all about a healthy lifestyle, aiming for healthy eating the majority of the time. “I’ve always been an 80/20 person as far as food and drinking. I try to do what’s good for me 80 percent of the time. The other 20 percent of the time, I just enjoy my life,” she explained. “I run through the McDonald’s drive-through once a month, and it’s fine. Sometimes I’ll have a little too much wine, and that’s OK too. I’ve spent so much of my life feeling guilty for things that I eat or having an unhealthy relationship with food or the gym or whatever. So I just try to be nice to myself and do what’s good for me. And when I don’t, I start again the next day. “
Kelsea trains with Nashville based trainer Erin Oprea, and the two focus on strength and weight exercises. “We’re on Zoom three days a week and do a lot of strength training intervals, where you alternate two exercises until you’ve burned that muscle group, then move on. We cram it all into 45 minutes and call it a day, “she told Shape. She also explains that exercise is just as important for mental health as it is for physical. “I guess I always had this thought that trainers just yell at you until you cry. But with Erin, she definitely pushes me, but she also just makes me feel really empowered when we work out,” she told Health. “Afterward, I never feel stressed or exhausted; I always feel good, like I just accomplished something. Erin’s really encouraging like that.”
Kelsea emphasizes the importance of mixing up your workouts. “There are so many different kinds of moving. Going to the gym or running on the treadmill, which I personally hate and tried for years, isn’t the only way to exercise,” she explained to Nashville Edit. “I love any kind of cycle class because the music is super loud, the lights are dark, and I can shut my eyes and feel like I am at home with my headphones on. I also love Pilates for building long, lean muscle,” she continued. “Working out, something I used to dread, is now something that I look forward to because it boosts my stamina onstage and makes me feel much more clear-headed and, in my body, too.”
Kelsea tries to approach health and wellness with love. “I don’t shame myself if I screw up. I don’t make myself feel bad if I have a cheat meal or even a cheat day. I’ve struggled with body image my entire life and knew if I was going to be an artist, I had to figure my shit out. I don’t diet. I like my legs. I hate my stomach. I try not to stress about it. If I start to feel like crap about myself, I get off Instagram and stop comparing myself to others. I do the best I can, “she told Nashville Edit.
Kelsea maintains an active lifestyle, spending a lot of time outdoors. Weather walking on the beach, hiking in the mountains, or checking out a waterfall, she makes sure to enjoy nature while blasting calories.