This easy Buffalo Chicken Salad recipe can be made ahead for lunches throughout the week. Great on lettuce wraps or a sandwich!
Buffalo Chicken Salad
I’ve been getting requests for quick and easy low-carb lunch recipes that can be prepped ahead and don’t require reheating. So, I created this Chicken Salad, which checks all the boxes! Since I had some cooked chicken breast and we all love my Buffalo Chicken Dip, this recipe works as a lunch idea instead. If you like this buffalo recipe, you should also try this Vegetarian Buffalo Chickpea Salad, Buffalo Shrimp Lettuce Wraps, and Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
I had some cooked chicken breast and no plans for what to do with it, so I whipped up this buffalo salad using the ingredients I had in my refrigerator.
- Chicken: Starting with cooked chicken makes this recipe very fast to pull together. I used leftover chicken breast, but you could sub chicken thighs, canned chicken, or rotisserie chicken. If you do not have chicken ready to go, throw it in the slow cooker for hands-off cooking.
- Vegetables: Chop red onion, celery, and baby carrots in a mini food processor.
- Buffalo Sauce: Combine Frank’s hot sauce (or sub with your favorite brand) and mayo. If you like it extra spicy, add more hot sauce.
- Blue Cheese: Top with blue cheese crumbles or light blue cheese dressing, but feel free to skip if you’re not a fan.
How to Serve
Here are some different ways to serve this spicy chicken salad.
- Lettuce Wraps: I love the baby romaine lettuce sold at Costco. They are perfect for lettuce wraps, but you can use romaine hearts or butter lettuce.
- Sandwich: Use your favorite type of bread to make a buffalo chicken sandwich.
- Wrap: Stuff a wheat tortilla with this salad.
- Salad: Serve the buffalo chicken over chopped romaine and drizzle with blue cheese dressing.
You can double or triple this buffalo chicken salad if you need to serve more people. You just chop the veggies and chicken in a mini food process and then coat with the buffalo sauce. It will hold in the fridge for three to four days.
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes You’ll Love:
Buffalo Chicken Salad
This easy Buffalo Chicken Salad recipe can be made ahead for lunches throughout the week.
- 6 1/2 ounces cooked chicken breast or canned, from an 8 oz breast, cubed
- 1/4 cup red onion, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 celery stalk, plus leaves for garnish
- 1 baby carrot
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup Frank’s hot sauce, or more to taste
- 6 baby romaine lettuce leaves, or your favorite lettuce for wraps
- light blue cheese dressing, optional for topping
If you need to cook the chicken in the slow cooker, cover it with water 4 hours on low then shred. Use a rotisserie chicken breast or even canned chicken works here.
In a mini chopper, chop all the veggies, then add the chicken and pulse a few times.
Transfer to a bowl and mix with the mayo and hot sauce, adding more to taste.
To serve, spoon into lettuce wraps and garnish with red onion, celery leaves and more hot sauce.
Serving: 1/ 2, Calories: 359kcal, Carbohydrates: 4g, Protein: 30g, Fat: 24g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 90mg, Sodium: 1401.5mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 2.5g
Keywords: buffalo chicken salad, chicken salad