- International No Diet Day (INDD) is observed on May 6
- The day is a celebration of body acceptance, including fat acceptance and body shape diversity
- The symbol of International No Diet Day is a light blue ribbon
International No Diet Day was created by Mary Evans Young in 1992. The first International No Diet Day was celebrated in the United Kingdom in 1992. It is now celebrated around the globe, especially in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India , Israel, Denmark, Sweden, and Brazil.
The symbol of International No Diet Day is a light blue ribbon.
Here are some No Diet Day quotes and wishes to share:
Diet and health: Tips to optimize nutrition
Is vegetarian food enough? Study says children relying on a plant-based diet more likely to be underweight
No Diet Day quotes
- The second day of a diet is always easier than the first. By the second day, you’re off it. – Jackie Gleason
- The best anti-ageing advice I’ve ever received? Drink a lot of water and have a plant-based diet. I also do mindful meditation with my daughter every day. It takes ten minutes. I think reducing stress plays a big part in anti-ageing. – Carolyn Murphy
- I don’t diet, I eat what I like. – Lisa Snowdon
- There is no quick fix. At the end of the day, you still have to do the work to maintain your weight. It can’t be a diet. You have to change your life. – Al Roker
- My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people. – Orson Welles
- All people who live their lives on a diet are suffering. If you can accept your natural body weight and not force it to beneath your body’s natural, healthy weight, then you can live your life free of dieting, of restriction, of feeling guilty every time you eat a slice of your kid’s birthday cake. – Portia de Rossi
- Sorry, there´s no magic bullet. You gotta eat healthy and live healthy to be healthy and look healthy. End of story. – Morgan Spurlock
No Diet Day wishes
10 antioxidant-rich foods that you must add to your diet
- Accept your body as it is as by enjoying healthy food and staying fit. Happy International No Diet Day.
- International No Diet Day is a reminder that we must not get carried away with perfect body sizes because fitness is always more important.
- Each person is different and therefore everybody is unique in some special way. Happy International No Diet Day.
- Eat healthy and exercise regularly and you will find yourself happy, fit and healthy. Say no to diet on International No Diet Day.
- Food is supposed to be eaten and on International No Diet Day, enjoy food by giving up on dieting but don’t forget to exercise.
- Going on diet is no solution but staying fit and healthy has all the solutions to all the problems. Happy International No Diet Day.